Receiving Ordered Materials
First, contact the buyer who purchased the items. The buyer will make the necessary arrangements to get the item returned and replaced as quickly as possible. You should not contact the vendor directly. If you do, you run the risk of negating any warranties that Procurement has negotiated.
The item received was damaged on arrival. Shipping and Receiving have contacted the buyer. What is the next step?
First, determine who is responsible for the damage. This determination is related to ownership of the items. If the purchase order (PO) states "F.O.B. Destination," then the responsibility for the damaged freight rests with the vendors. The buyers will work with them to get a new item.
If the "F.O.B." designation is "Ship Point," then the items belonged to AURA when the shipment left the vendors dock. In this case, AURA must
file a freight claim with the carrier. Depending on the cost of the damage, the claim may be resolved quite quickly and the payment reimbursed into the account listed on the original PO. In the meantime, you will have to issue a new requisition and have the item purchased again.
If the item is very expensive, the carrier may be limited as to what its liability is and its ability to reimburse AURA for the cost of the items may be limited. Federal Express and UPS have such arrangements. In this case, AURA will have to absorb the difference between what is spent and what is reimbursed.
If you have any questions, contact Suzanne Baron Helming, AURA Procurement Manager.
Local deliveries will be made by logistics staff members once your items have gone through the receiving process. Emergency items will generally be processed with expediency and delivered with urgency.
Assuming normal circumstances, your item(s) should be delivered within 1 business day of arrival.
Parcel Delivery Service Schedule: (All times are estimates)
- Federal Express; between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 pm
- FedEx Ground; between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon
- FedEx Home; on set delivery
- Office Depot; between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon
- OnTrac; between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- UPS; between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- USPS (950 N. Cherry Mail); between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon
- DHL services upon request
- Federal Express; 3:00 p.m. (all outbound must be in S/R warehouse no later than 2:50 p.m.)
- FedEx Ground & FedEx Home; at time of deliveries
- USP; at time of deliveries
- USPS (P.O. Box 26732) Mail; 7:00 a.m. post office (collected by Logistics staff)
- USPS (950 N. Cherry) Mail; 2:45 p.m. (collected by Logistics staff)
In order to track your shipment, you must know the full tracking number and which carrier is providing the service.
DHL Domestic Freight:
DHL Global Forwarding:
DHL Ocean Freight:
DHX Hawaiian Express:
FedEx (Ground, Freight, and Express):